Skip to content

DESIGNPRO Insurance Group Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

Architect's or Engineer's Certificate & Consent

It is common for architects’ and engineers’ privately funded clients (the Owner) to secure financing from a lender. For the loan closing, which usually occurs around the time of substantial completion of the project, the lender provides the Owner a document titled some-thing like an “Architect’s (or Engineer’s) Certificate & Consent” to sign. Good risk management is to not blindly sign it, but rather have someone who has experience in review-ing such documents to make changes to the lender’s boiler plate language. Read more..